POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? : Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A portable POV-Ray graphical interface?
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 4 Sep 1998 12:28:18
Message: <35f00712.0@news.povray.org>
Johannes Hubert <jhu### [at] algonetse> wrote:
:>you need a web browser to run java (this adds slowness to the whole thing).

: And this is where you go wrong. You are speaking about Java applets. But a
: GUI for POV-Ray would not be realized as an applet but as a Java
: application. This runs directly in the Java virtual machine, not in a
: browser. So you only need to get a compatible virtual machine.
: My best guess there would be either the Microsoft VM of IE4.0 or Sun's VMs
: which exist for many platforms. And if need be you could install just the VM
: you need...

  Ok, I was wrong about that. This misunderstanding may be caused by the
fact, that I have never seen on heard about those kind of programs. I
recognize my ignorance.
  It's however discouraging that I have never seen that Java VM although
I use a sparc almost dayly.

--
                                                           - Warp. -